Last updated: January 31, 2019
What We Collect and Use
By visiting and interacting with our Site or using the Service, you provide us with two types of information: Personally Identifiable Information (i.e., information that you purposely disclose or that you authorize to be disclosed on your behalf); and Automatic Information (e.g. your IP address and browser type). Personally Identifiable Information and Automatic Information are collectively referred to herein as “Personal Information.” Personal Information may include, but is not limited to, the following:
Personally Identifiable Information: This may include information provided when you register for the Service, including without limitation:
- Account information, such as your name, phone number, email address, postal address, gender, age, birthdate, and delivery and dietary preferences;
- Transaction information, such as information about Products you purchase, shipping and delivery information, information related to returns, refunds and cancellations, and payment information, such as payment card type, payment card number, and expiration date (although we do not collect or store full payment card numbers and all transactions are processed by third party payment processors);
- Information about others, such as the names and email addresses of gift recipients or recipients of invitations to try explorer boxes; and
- Other information you choose to provide, such as when you choose to participate in a survey, contest, promotion or interactive area of the Site or when you request technical or customer support.
The Personally Identifiable Information you provide is used for such purposes as: allowing you to set up a user account and profile; providing, maintaining, and improving our Service and Products; managing your account and sending you related information; providing personalized features of the Service; communicating with you about the Site, the Products, recipes, new features and other information we think may be of interest to you; providing metrics and feedback to potential and existing customers; satisfying customer and user needs; monitoring your use and aggregate users’ use of the Site and the Service; administering your inquiries; facilitating contests, sweepstakes and promotions and processing and delivering entries and rewards; enforcing our (or our partners’ or users’) rights; and carrying out any other purpose for which the information was collected. We also use your Personal Information to deliver custom content and advertising that may be of interest to you. If you connect via the Site to a third-party website, we will receive and might store any information that is made available by such third-party website. If you contact us by email, we may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence and will use your email and correspondence if we respond to you.
Automatic Information: We may receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. We may automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information, and the information you request. Note that most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default; however, you can usually set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies, but this could affect the availability and functionality of the Site. We may use traffic data to help diagnose problems with our server, analyze trends and administer the Site and the Service. We may also automatically collect usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of users of our Site and the Service and their components. We may use this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, but not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data may enable us to figure out how often customers use parts of the Site and the Service, so we can make the Site and the Service appealing to as many users as possible. As part of this use of information, we may provide aggregate information, not information about you personally, to our partners about how our users, collectively, use our Site and the Service.
Sharing of Your Information
To protect your privacy, we limit the sharing of personally identifiable information with third parties. We conduct our business with great respect for the confidential nature of the information being provided. We will not share information about you except as outlined below.
We do not sell, license, lease or otherwise disclose non-public information about you with such third parties that is likely to uniquely identify or locate any individual or entity to any unaffiliated third party for any reason, except as noted below:
- We may share or disclose your information with your consent.
- To help us improve our services to you, we may engage another business to help us to carry out certain internal functions such as account processing, client services or other data collection relevant to our business. We may also provide a party with client information from our databases to help us analyze and identify client needs or to notify clients of particular services offerings. Use of the information shared is strictly limited to the performance of the task we request and used for no other purpose.
- As mentioned above, we may share aggregate or de-identified information about our users which cannot reasonably be used to identify you, such as the number of users who used a particular service, which would include as a part thereof your personal information with our partners.
- We may share information with non-financial companies that perform services for us, such as companies that perform payment card processing services on our behalf in order to process the fees that are paid to us by users.
- We may make our postal address or email address lists available to certain third parties that we believe may offer products or services of interest to you.
- We may share information with affiliates if the information is required to provide the services you requested. An affiliate is a company that we own or control, or with which there is common ownership with us.
- We may also disclose your information as necessary to credit reporting or collection agencies, or when necessary to protect our rights or property.
- While your personally identifying information is protected as outlined above, we reserve the right to use, transfer, sell, and share aggregated, anonymous data about our users as a group for any business purpose, such as analyzing usage trends and seeking compatible advertisers and partners.
- In addition, as our business changes, we may buy or sell various assets. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
Communicating with Our Partners, if Any
Third Party Sites; Social Sharing
We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of sites we link to, if any, or any social network sites you use in conjunction with the Service, and we have no control of the use or protection of information provided by you or collected by those sites. Whenever you elect to hyperlink to a linked website, you may be asked to provide registration or other information. Furthermore, if you use a Site that offers social sharing features, such as Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest, you use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on your personal settings. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy policies provided by those third parties.
We take the security of your personally identifiable information seriously. We take reasonable measures to protect this information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction; however, no security system is impenetrable. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of your information in our servers and databases or that the information you supply will not be intercepted during transmission to or from us via the Internet, including via email.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
COPPA severely restricts what information can be collected from children under the age of 13. Accordingly, no person under the age of 13 may register with us, access the Site, use the Service, or otherwise provide any personal information to us or submit such information through the Site or the Service. As stated above, our Service is not directed at children, and we will not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. To the extent such information is inadvertently collected, we will use that information only to respond directly to that minor child (or a parent or legal guardian) to inform such minor child that he or she cannot use the Service. We will also make every commercially reasonable effort to permanently delete that information from our Site and servers. Children should always get permission from their parents before providing any information about themselves (including without limitation first and last names, home addresses, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers and dates of birth) to others, whether via the Internet or any other means.
If applicable, you may opt out of receiving our ads as part of a customized campaign conducted on third party social media sites, such as Facebook, by emailing us at email@example.com. Furthermore, you may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the instructions in those communications or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, you may request this information once per calendar year by writing to us at eat2explore, Inc., 56 East 87th Street, #3D, New York, NY 10128.
Your Account; Termination
You may update, correct or modify information about you at any time by logging into your online account or by emailing us at email@example.com. If you wish to deactivate your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note we may continue to store information about you as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Should you ever decide to delete your eat2explore account, you may do so by calling us at 1-888-39-EATEXPL / 1-888-393-2839 or email us at email@example.com. If you terminate your account, your profile will be deleted from our servers; provided, however, that such deletion may not be immediate, and residual copies of your profile information or posts may remain on backup media for a reasonable period of time. Furthermore, copies of deleted information may remain viewable elsewhere, to the extent it has been shared with others, it was otherwise distributed pursuant to your privacy settings, or it was copied or stored by other users.